Steps towards the NORTH CAROLINA TEACHER LICENSE
Step One: SAT/ACT/Core PRAXIS
All candidates are required to take the CORE Praxis prior to acceptance into the Teacher Education Program unless they have acceptable SAT/ACT scores. During the EDUC 221 (Introduction to Education) course, all students will provide documentation of SAT/ACT scores. It will be determined which student will need to take the CORE Praxis (or subtests). At the conclusion of the course, candidates required to take the CORE Praxis will register for and take the assessment.
Step Two: Acceptance into CU Teacher Education Program
In summary, the criteria for admission for an undergraduate student into the Teacher Education Program at Campbell University is:
- A minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.7 in overall scholastic work (from statute)
- A “C” or better in all professional education courses, including courses in the content area major.
- A documented participation in early field experiences, or equivalent experiences as approved by the Dean or the Director of Teacher Education.
- Approval of the major department and the Professional Education department.
- No academic, disciplinary, or social probation.
- Satisfactory scores on the SAT/ACT or PRAXIS CORE (See Table Above).
Step Three: Program Area Licensure Areas
Click on the link below to find your appropriate licensure area examinations.
|File Size:||265 kb|
Step Four: Online North Carolina Initial Teacher Licensure Application Process
Upon successful completion of all requirements (student teaching, proficiency on ALL components of the Student Teaching Binder, and appropriate GPA (minimum 2.7); successfully passing the PRAXIS II (Middle, K-12, and Secondary) and NC Foundations of Reading and Mathematics CKT 7813 (Elementary/Special Education Candidates [General Curriculum]) all candidates should visit the link above and complete an application for an initial North Carolina Teacher License. Candidates should download the documents below and submit to the Licensure Office at Campbell University (Ms. Charity Tart) in the School of Education Main Office (Taylor Hall).
- Permission to Share Information on Graduates with Outside Agencies
- LEA/IHE Certification of Teaching Capacity (Must be complete with all required signatures obtained. This form is completed at the successful conclusion of student teaching.)